– There are sea gulls and hawks and squid and rhesus monkeys. If there were no randomness, there would only be rhesus monkeys.
– Half your life you lie; the other half you wished you hadn’t. Randomness guarantees remorse.
– It is possible to brew that tiny little storm in a tea cup precisely because it is possible not to do so. And you can thank randomness for that.
– It is only the the impishness of self-generating elves which makes sure that every time you and I see a random act, we can’t say “now that is awesomely random, but you know, I think it could be more so.” Elves bestow random closure.
– The breeze that blows twice as hard blows only half as long. That is not random. That just sounds good.